Retaining walls are designed to provide a cost-effective, versatile solution for a wide variety of earth retention and material storage uses. These are as follows.
- Permanent or temporary civil works such as bridge embankments, tunnel construction,
and temporary access roads.
- Agricultural feedstuff division or containment.
- Site level divisions in all commercial type, developments such as at boundary lines.
- Protection walls in Marine building projects.
- Ideal as backing walls to natural stone faced walls.
- Retention of slurries at sewage treatment plants.
- Walls can be manufactured and ready to be installed before any excavation commences, thus reducing the open time on dangerous excavations.
- Quality of wall finish. Minimal or no surface treatments required after installation. Precast concrete finishes are far superior to traditional type construction.
- Flexibility in design possibly reducing the excavation required.
- No wet trades required on site, therefore less weather dependant.
- All of the above result in improved programme durations.
- No expensive scaffolding/access systems required to build.
Reduced number of site personnel required than traditional build, thus reducing health and safety risks/exposure and ultimately reducing cost of insurances.
Headwalls are manufactured as modular units, with lifting points on each wing wall allowing for the safe lifting and installation of the units. They can be used in Culvert applications, but also as an inlet or outlet points in a pipe system, an example of this would be an outlet point for a stormwater system. The advantages are
- It protects and minimises the erosion at the point of discharge.
- Installed easily and quickly.
- Can be backfilled the same day.
- No formwork required on site.
More detailed versions of the drawings above are available in the downloads area