Plate Flooring slab is composed of a thin reinforced concrete plate incorporating a steel lattice girder and all reinforcement required by design. Plate flooring is used in residential, general or industrial buildings. The advantages of Plate Flooring are as follows.
- Up to 2.9m wide elements resulting in fewer joints.
- No negative camber.
- Integrated openings and notches for service risers and other service penetrations.
- Excellent sound insulation and fire resistance of the solid concrete slab.
- The flexibility to produce elements with complex geometry that the automatic manufacturing process allows.
- The 65mm pre-cast elements facilitate the laying of plumbing and electrical services on top of the elements, prior to pouring the in-situ concrete.
- Elimination of site shuttering.
- Plate thickness is 65mm.
- It is supported in its temporary state, prior to the pouring of the in-situ concrete, by lattice girders and temporary propping.
- The Propping is removed once the concrete has reached the required strength.
- The diagonals of the girders serve to withstand the shear stress between the precast and in-situ concrete layers.