Hollowcore is a precast prestressed concrete slab, which is suitable for use in a range of commercial buildings, and in all types of housing. Hollowcore can fit easily into any structural system, whether it is steel, in-situ, precast, or concrete masonry. The advantages of Hollowcore are as follows.
- High loading capacity, can be used over long span's.
- Quick installation.
- Efficient building system.
- Environmentally friendly system.
- Provides immediate safe working platform.
- Excellent sound and vibration barrier.
- Health & safety benefits, with a reduction in the required number of personnel on site.
- Generally does not require propping.
- All Hollowcore units meets minimum fire safety requirements to comply with building regulations.
- Is manufactured at 1200mm wide slabs, and can be cut to any width to suit all applications.
- Available in depths of 150,200,250,300,400, and 500mm.
- The continuous voids in the Hollowcore reduce its weight and costs.
- Oran-Precast can provide span's up to 19m for 500mm deep Hollowcore.
- Features like voids and notches can be incorporated into the design of the units.
- The units are produced utilising modern manufacturing techniques and facilities, which allows the company to deliver the highest quality standards demanded in construction practices.
More detailed versions of the drawings above are available in the downloads area