COLUMNS & BEAMS
Oran-Precast designs, manufactures and erects a variety of standard Beams and Columns, that combined with Hollowcore, Twin Wall, and the other products we produce, offer developers, and main contractors a Total Precast Solution. The advantages are as follows
- A viable alternative to traditional methods in the design of commercial & industrial units.
- Excellent inherent fire resistance, without any additional costs.
- Ability to produce a portal frame that can achieve clear spans of up to 35m.
- Considerable time saving on overall construction programme.
- Concrete is extremely durable in any environment, and therefore is maintenance free.
- Produced in a factory environment to exact quality standards.
- Unaffected by site weather conditions.
- Health & safety benefits due to fewer personnel on site.
- Numerous Column sizes available including circular and polygonal.
- Size of Beams vary depending on span's and loadings.
- Precast Columns may be single or multi-storey height.
- Foundation connections vary from reinforcing starter bars projecting into sleeves in the base of the columns, which are then filled with grout, to a column been set into a preformed hole in a foundation and then grouted into position.
- Column to Column are connected by protruding reinforcement from lower columns grouted into sleeves cast into upper columns.
- Columns to Beams are connected by providing corbels or cast-in steel sections on the Columns to support the Beams.
- Full computer design with detailed installation drawings, calculations and a method statement is supplied for each project.
More detailed versions of the drawings above are available in the downloads area